Time: 40 min
3 cups diced onion
6 tablespoon olive oil
1 leg of lamb
2 tablespoons Greenfields Lebanese 7 Spice
6 tomato cut into wedges
2 teaspoon saltbr> 4 Greenfields Cardamom Pods
3 Greenfields Dried Lime
2 Greenfields Bay Leaf
3 Greenfields Cinnamon Stick
5 Greenfields Whole Cloves
6 cup chicken stock
4 cup basmati rice soaked in water
½ cup whole blanched almonds, sauteed in oil
¼ cup raisins
4 tablespoons Greenfields Parsley
• Heat oil in large pan over medium heat.
• Add 1 amount of diced onion; saute until dark brown in colour; remove from heat and set aside.
• Coat the leg of lamb with the Greenfields Lebanese 7 Spice.
• Sear the lamb on all sides using the same pan in which the onion was sauteed.
• Add the remaining onion, with tomato wedges, tomato juice and season to taste with salt and pepper, and mix with a spoon until combined.
• Add the cardamon pods, dried lime, bay leaf, cinnamon sticks and whole cloves, making sure to pierce the dried lime so that the flavor will be released during cooking. Add the chicken stock and bring to boil.
• Drain the Basmati rice, and add to the pan. (The amount of rice used is the same as the stock used.) Return to boil, reduce the heat to simmer, cover and let it cook.
• When serving, garnish with the remaining sauteed onion and other items as desired.