1. Finely chop one of the Onions and the Green Chilli.
2. Sieve the Gram and Rice Flour into a large bowl and add the Curry Powder, Chilli Powder, Ground Cumin, Coriander, Salt and Pepper. Now add the finely chopped Onion and Chilli.
3. Slowly add water, whilst stirring the mixture, until you get a thick batter.
4. Now, coarsely chop the remaining 4 Onions and add them to the batter. Mix well, and leave to stand for 10-minutes.
5. Heat a Deep Fat Fryer to 190C - and carefully lower 3 or 4 golf ball sized Bhaji's into the oil. Remove when crisp and brown.
Note: you can use a Wok with very hot oil instead of deep fat fryer. In this instance, flatten the bhaji using a spatula when placing in the oil and fry one side completely before turning over.
Serving ideas: Serve with Chutneys and/or Raita.