1. Vegetable Raita
• Yoghurt (beaten) - 1½ cups (250g)
• Potato or Brinjal or Gourd or Cucumber (any vegetable of your choice) - 125g
• Chopped Green Coriander, Mint, Green Chillies and Onion (finely cut in small cubes) according to taste.
• Laziza Chutney/Raita Masala - 1 tbsp.
• Put 1 tablespoon of Laziza Chutney/Raita Masala in yoghurt and whip (for diluted Raita add ½ cup of water).
• If using potato or brinjal or gourd first boil and peel it, then put in pieces. However if using cucumber, just peel and put in pieces.
• Add Green Coriander, Mint, Green Chillies and Onion according to taste.
2. Plain Raita/Yoghurt Chutney or Burani:
• To make plain Raita/Chutney, mix 1-2 tablespoons of Laziza Chutney/Raita Masala in 250g of Yoghurt and whip thoroughly. For Burani, add one finely cut onion in the above recipe.
3. Aloo Ka Bhurta (Masala Fried Potato):
• Boil, peel, cut potato (500g) in small pieces.
• Fry one finely sliced onion in ½ cup of Ghee/oil until golden.
• Now add potatoes, 1-2 tablespoons of Laziza Chutney/Raita Masala, chopped Green Coriander (2 tablespoons), Mint (1-2 tablespoons), chopped Green Chillies (2-4) and fry for 5 minutes while stirring. Delicious Aloo Bhurta is ready. For variety also try adding 1-2 cut tomatoes.
Produce of Pakistan.