Mince, Indian style, packed full of flavour! Ideal served up with a pickle or two...
Minced Beef - 500g
| ||Onion, finely chopped - 1|| |
| ||Fresh Garlic, finely chopped - 3 cloves|| |
| ||Fresh Ginger, finely grated - 2tsps|| |
| ||Madras Curry Powder - 1tbsp|| |
| ||Potatoes, peeld and cubed - 2|| |
| ||Carrots, peeled and cubed - 3|| |
| ||Tomato Puree - 1tbsp|| |
| ||Vegetable Stock - 1 cube|| |
| ||Sea Salt - to taste|| |
| ||Lucknow Mango Chutney|| |
• Heat the oil in a large pan.
• Add the minced beef and cook until browned, breaking up any large chunks. Remove the meat and set aside in a clean bowl, discard any fat in the pan, and wipe out the pan with kitchen paper.
• Heat the pan again with another 1 tsp oil. Fry the onion, garlic and ginger for approximately 6 minutes.
• Add the curry powder, potatoes and carrots and cook for a further 3 minutes.
• Stir in the tomato puree, vegetable stock and add the minced beef back to the pan.
• Cook on a medium heat for 20 minutes until the potatoes are tender.
• Serve with Lucknow Mango Chutney! Nice with rice and naan too!