Basmati Rice mildly flavoured with spices and Cumin Seeds is called as Jeera Rice/Cumin Rice. This Rice has a lovely aroma and can be served as a main dish along with any dal or gravy based curry.
Basmati Rice - 1 Cup
| ||Water - 2 Cups|| |
| ||Oil/Ghee - 2 tbsp|| |
| ||Onion finely chopped - 1|| |
| ||Cumin Seeds - 2 tsps|| |
| ||Clove - 1|| |
| ||Bay Leaves – 1|| |
| ||Cardamom Seed - 1|| |
| ||Salt to taste|| |
• Wash the Rice under running Water.
• Heat Oil/Ghee in a Pan, add Clove, Bay Leaf, Cardamom Seed and fry for few seconds on low heat.
•Then add Onions and fry till lightly brown. Next add Cumin Seeds and fry till they splutter.
• Then add the Rice, Salt and mix well.
• Lastly add Water, bring it to boil and then reduce the heat to low, cover and cook for about 12-15 minutes or until the Rice is tender and the Water has evaporated.
• Turn off the heat and allow the Rice to stand for 3-5 minutes.
Jeera Rice is ready to be served!