Simple but gorgeous: slightly smokey, tasty. Mix, Brush, BBQ, Eat...
Chicken Portions - 4
| ||Pineapple Juice - 75 ml|| |
| ||Long Grain Rice - 400 g|| |
| ||Boiling Water - 750 ml|| |
| ||Red Kidney Beans, drained - 400g tin|| |
| ||Creamed Coconut - 50 g|| |
| ||Salt - to taste|| |
| ||Jerk Seasoning - 1 sachet|| |
• Mix the Jerk Seasoning with the pineapple juice and stir to make a thick paste.
• Brush the paste over the chicken portions and set aside to marinate in the fridge for a few hours or overnight.
• Cook the chicken portions on a hot BBQ or grill until cooked through, turning and brushing with any leftover marinade.
• Meanwhile cook the rice according to the packet instructions, adding creamed cocnut and kidney beans for the last 5 minutes of cooking.
• Serve the rice and peas with the Jerk Chicken. Enjoy!