Kaju is nothing but Cashews and Burfi is something like a fudge. Kaju Burfi is a popular Indian Sweet served during many festivals, parties or any other good occasion. It's one of the favourites amongst kids. This can be stored at room temperature for a week.
Cashew nuts - 1 Cup
| ||Sugar - ¾ Cup|| |
| || Water - Less then ½ Cup|| |
| || Few strands of Saffron|| |
• Grind the Cashew nuts using a dry grinder.
• Next fry this on a low heat in a heavy bottom pan till it just becomes warm.
• Boil the Sugar and Water on medium heat until the syrup is 1 thread consistency.
• Add Saffron to this and switch off the heat.
• Add the Cashew powder to this and mix well so that no lumps are formed.
• Then spread this on a greased plate.
• Allow it to cool and cut into the desired shape.
• Serve it in a decorative plate.