• Wash the Brown Chickpeas well and soak it in Water for about 8hrs.
• Next, put the soaked Chickpeas along with 2 more Cups of Water in a pressure cooker.
• Cook for about 12-15min. Wait for the cooker to cool and then open the lid and check the Chickpeas to be tender.
• Meanwhile grind together Tomatoes, Ginger and Green Chillies into a fine paste.
• Heat Oil in a pan, add the Cumin Seeds. Then add Gram Flour and stir fry till the flour turns light brown.
• Next add the ground paste, Coriander Powder and Black Pepper. Stir fry till the Oil separates from the mixture.
• Next add the above spice mix, Salt, Garam Masala and Mango Powder to the Chickpeas. Mix well, slightly mash the Chickpeas while mixing it.
• Bring this to boil and let it simmer for atleast 30mins stirring occasionaly (add Water to get the desired consistency)
• Serve hot.