| • Braising|
Use a marinade for meat or poultry, then BBQ, grill or bake.
Add a couple of teaspoons to your stir-fry for a delicious flavour.
Recipe for Buriyani Curry
Serves 2-4 as a main course
60g Karimix Buriyani Curry Paste
500g uncooked rice
2 tbsps vegetable oil
½ onion, sliced
250g chicken, sliced into strips
1 cinnamon stick (optional)
2 star anise (optional)
8 black peppercorns (optional)
2 garlic cloves sliced (optional)
600ml Chicken or Vegetable Stock
2 tsps soy sauce
Salt and white pepper to taste
• Heat oil in a saucepan until hot, then add onions and fry for 10 minutes.
• Add rice, cinnamon stick, star anise, peppercorn and garlic. Fry for 10 minutes, stirring all the time.
• Add Karimix Buriyani Curry Paste and fry for 10 minutes. Add a little stock if it becomes too dry.
• Add chicken pieces and continue to stir until well coated.
• Add the rest of the stock. Stir well and bring to a boil.
• Add soy sauce and, salt and pepper to taste. Stir well and bring to a boil.
• Turn flame down to a simmer and put lid on saucepan. Simmer for 20 minutes. Then switch off heat and leave for another 20 minutes until rice is cooked.
• Serve hot with Karimix Pineapple Achar and Karimix Mango Chutney.