| • Glaze|
• Dipping Sauce
Try pouring the sauce to over hot potatoes, or noodles.
Use as a marinade for chicken, beef, salmon or prawns, then BBQ, bake or grill.
Mix with mayonnaise, crème fraiche or yogurt to make a dressing for salads and sandwiches.
Or simply use as a dipping or table sauce, straight from the bottle.
Recipe for Spicy Avocado and Prawn Bake
Serves 10 as a main course
5 Avocados, ripe but firm
150g sliced button mushrooms
30g sliced red onions
120g cream cheese
30-40ml Karimix Soy & Five Spice Sauce
300g cooked drained prawns
• To prepare the avocado, cut the pear in half lengthways around the stone, separating the two halves. Remove the stone, then, with a spoon, cut away the flesh of the avocado to a depth of 10-15cm to form a cavity, saving the avocado pieces for the filling.
• In a frying pan, lightly cook the mushrooms with the onions in the butter until soft but not coloured. Allow to cool. Cream up the cheese and mix in the Karimix Soy & Five Spice Sauce, combine this with the mushrooms, onions, avocado pieces, prawns and a little seasoning if required.
• Spoon the mixture into the cavities of the prepared avocado.
• Cut 10 rectangle pieces of filo pastry double the size of the avocados, brush with oil or melted butter and fold in half to form a square, arrange the pastry on top of the filling slightly rough and wrinkled, brush with additional oil or butter, sprinkle with sesame seeds and bake in a moderate oven 160°C for 20-30 minutes depending on the firmness of the avocado.
• Serve hot with salad garnish and additional Karimix Soy & Five Spice Sauce.