Adapted from a recipe by Gurpareet Bains
Probably the best mince you have ever tasted...
500g Minced Lamb
| ||1 small Sweet Potato, cut into small cubes|| |
| ||1 Green Pepper, deseeded and diced|| |
| ||1 Onion thinly sliced|| |
| ||2 tbsps Coconut Oil|| |
| ||2 tins Chopped Tomatoes, blended until smooth|| |
| ||Salt to taste|| |
| ||1 tsp Ground Turmeric|| |
| ||2 tsps Garam Masala|| |
| ||1 tsp Ground Coriander|| |
| ||1tsp Black Peppercorns,freshly ground|| |
| ||1 tsp Fenugreek Seeds|| |
| ||1 tsp Cumin Seeds|| |
| ||1 tsp Onion Seeds|| |
| || 6 cloves Garlic, finely chopped|| |
| || 3 tbsps Ginger grated|| |
| ||Green Chillies to taste, chopped|| |
| ||100g Green Peas|| |
| ||Fresh Coriander - handful|| |
• Heat the Coconut Oil in a pan, add the Fenugreek Seeds, Cumin Seedsand Onion Seeds and stir-fry until the seeds pop.
• Add the Salt, if using and Onion and cook until the onion is lightly browned. Then add the Garlic and stir to mix.
• Add the Black Peppercorns,Ground Turmeric, 1 tsp Garam Masala, Ground Coriander, Chillies, Gingerand 1 blended tin of Chopped Tomatoes and mix well.
• Simmer for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally, until the liquid has evaporated and you are left with a concentrated paste.
• Turn up the heat and add the minced lamb, stirring continuously until it is all browned.
• Add the sweet potato, green pepper, green peas and the second tin of blended Chopped Tomatoes, and simmer, without a lid, for 30 minutes.
• Stir in the second teaspoon of Garam Masala, add the Fresh Coriander and serve hot.