Khaman Dhokla is a Gujarati (Indian State) snack item. This is a healthy snack as it is just steamed and doesn't involve any frying. Dhoklas served with Green Chutney and Tangy Chutney with Tea is mindblowing!
Gram Flour - 2 Cups
| || Sour Yogurt beaten - 1 Cup|| |
| || Warm Water - 1 Cup|| |
| || Salt to taste|| |
| || Turmeric Powder - ½ tsp|| |
| || Green Chilli Paste - 1tsp|| |
| || Ginger Paste - 1 tsp|| |
| || Oil - 2 tbsp|| |
| || Lemon Juice - 1 tbsp|| |
| || Soda Bicarbonate - 1 tsp|| |
| || Mustard Seeds - 1 tsp|| |
| || Coriander Leaves (Cilantro) for garnishing|| |
| || Coconut grated - ½ Cup|| |
• Place the Gram Flour in a bowl. Add Yogurt and warm Water and mix well with hands so that no lupms are formed. To this add Salt and mix again. Set this aside for 3-4 hours.
• Once it is fermented add Turmeric Powder, Green Chilli Paste and Ginger Paste and mix well.
• Put the steamer on heat. In a small bowl, mix together Lemon Juice, Soda bicarbonate and a teaspoon of Oil. Add this to the above batter and mix well.
• Grease a Thali or a plate with edges. Pour this batter into the prepared Thali and place it in the steamer. Cover and steam for about 15 minutes or when you insert a toothpick it should come out clean.
• Let it cool and then cut into square pieces.
• Meanwhile heat the remaining Oil in a pan, add Mustard Seeds and Chillies (optional). Take off from heat and pour this on the Dhokla.
• Garnish with grated Coconut and Coriander Leaves (Cilantro) and enjoy!