For the Crust
• Mix all the ingredients using enough Water to make a soft dough. Knead for about 5 mins, cover and keep it aside.
For the filling
• Wash Moong Dal in Water.
• Heat Oil in a pan, add Cumin Seeds, Asafoetida and then drain the Moong Dal and add to this pan. Saute for few seconds.
• Add Ginger-Green Chilli paste, Chilli Powder, Garam Masala, Mango Powder, Gram Flour and Salt. Fry for about 5-7 mins or till the masalas are cooked.
• Let it cool and make even sized rounds and keep aside.
• Now roll out each portion of the dough to about 4" diameter circle.
• Keep one portion of the filling mixture in the centre of the rolled dough, cover the filling by stretching the dough over the filling.
• Seal the ends tightly.
• Now roll this out into 4.5" diameter circle (make sure that the filling doesn't come out)
• Gently press the centre of the Kachoris with your thumb.
• Repeat the method with the remaining dough and the filling.
• Deep fry these Kachoris in hot Oil on low flame till golden brown on both sides.
• These take a long time to get cooked as the crust is thick and needs to be cooked well from inside.
• Let it cool and then store it in an air tight container.
• Just warm them up before serving, top it with some plain Yogurt and Green / Tamarind Chutney!