1st Stage (Puree):
1. Cut 1 onion and 3 tomatoes into 1/4 s, and chop the green pepper, ginger (peeled), 1 garlic clove, green chilli and the Fresh Coriander.
2. Put the above in a small sauce pan together with 4 tbsp oil, 1/2 tsp turmeric, salt and cup of warm water (around 200/ 250 ml) covered with lid.
3. Gently boil the vegetables until soft (approximately 15-20 mins) stirring occasionally.
4. When cooked place in a blender to make into puree.
2nd Stage (Curry):
1. Heat 2 tbsp of oil (moderate heat) in a medium sized sauce pan.
2. Add the rest of the crushed garlic cloves, cardamom and the bay leaves and slowly fry until the garlic is golden.
3. Add rest of the onions and tomatoes (finely chopped) with some salt and cook to soften (stirring regularly).
4. Add Mr Huda's Universal Curry Paste, chilli powder and the ready blended puree with a little warm water (around 100/125 ml) and, on full heat, bring to boil then simmer for 5 - 10 mins (covered and stirring occasionally).
5. Add the King Prawns, bring back to the boil, then leave to simmer (covered) for 10 mins (stirring occasionally) or until the required moisture (add more water if you prefer more sauce or cook on higher heat slightly longer with lid semi opened for thicker sauce).
6. Once cooking is nearly over, add the remaining chopped coriander and leave the curry to settle for 10-15 mins. Before serving, remove any excess oil.
Chef's top tips: