Cook traditional Lamb Bhuna at home with this carefully blended spice mix...
900g lamb or beef, cubed
| ||2 Onion, chopped|| |
| ||Sunflower/Vegetable Oil - 2 tbsp|| |
| ||Salt to taste|| |
| ||225g passata (sieved tomatoes)|| |
| ||Garlic - 1½ tsp crushed|| |
| ||Ginger - 2 tsp chopped|| |
| ||Green Chillies - 1 tsp chopped (optional)|| |
| ||2 Aubergine, skinned and chopped|| |
| ||Fresh Coriander - handful|| |
| ||Curry Cuisine Lamb Bhuna - 1 Pack|| |
• Place Oil in a pan and heat, add the Cloves and Cinnamon from the Curry Cuisine Lamb Bhuna Spice Mix and wait until they sizzle.
• Add the Onions and cook until golden, on a medium heat
• Add the Garlic, Ginger and Green Chillies to the pan and stir. For a hotter dish, add more Green Chillies.
• Add the Spice Mix from the Curry Cuisine Lamb Bhuna Spice Mix, the Salt and Passata, and stir.
• Cover and simmer for 5-10 minutes. The Masala will be ready when the Oil separates and appears on the surface. Add the Lamb/Beef and chopped Aubergine to the Masala and stir. Cover and simmer for 30 minutes.
• If the Sauce is too thick, add some hot Water. Add the Fresh Coriander. Continue cooking until the Meat is cooked.
Serve with boiled Basmati Rice, Naan Bread or Chapattis.