Lentil Vegetable Soup is a healthy Soup especially for winter days. This Soup is packed with proteins so an idea to serve for kids with any bread of their choice. This particular recipe has an Indian touch with some minimal spice powder to enhance its flavour!
Lentils - ½ Cup
| ||Carrots chopped into half inch pieces - 1 Cup|| |
| ||Beans chopped into half inch pieces - ½ Cup|| |
| ||Celery chopped into half inch pieces - ½ Cup|| |
| ||Tomatoes roughly chopped - 2 to 3|| |
| ||Ginger sliced - ½ inch|| |
| ||Salt - 1 tsp|| |
| ||Turmeric Powder - ½ tsp|| |
| ||Black Pepper Powder - ½ tsp|| |
| ||Butter - 2 Tbsp|| |
| ||Cumin Seeds - ½ tsp|| |
| ||Garam Masala - ½ tsp|| |
| ||Lemon Juice - 2 Tbsp|| |
• Wash the Lentils and soak in 2 Cups of Water for an hour (Optional).
• Next pressure cook the soaked Lentils, Salt, Turmeric Powder, Black Pepper, Ginger, Carrots, Beans, Celery and Tomatoes along with 4 Cups of Water on medium heat.
• Once the Lentils and Vegetables are cooked well, turn off the heat. Wait for the pressure to be released.
• Then open the cooker and mix well. If required add more hot Water to attain the desired consistency.
• Next comes the seasoning. Heat Butter in a small pan, add the Cumin Seeds and wait for it to splutter.
• Then pour this over the Soup.
• Add the Garam Masala to the Soup and mix well.
• Top this with some Lemon Juice just before serving.
• Serve hot.