Kumar's Madras Curry: an authentic Indian curry for fish lovers, made with spices such as mustard seed, fenugreek and turmeric. These ingredients together with roasted coconut, lemongrass and coconut milk make this curry the perfect addition to almost any kind of fish.
Medium/Hot - Indian
500g firm white fish (or Chicken or Lamb)
| ||Kumar's Madras Curry Sauce|| |
| ||700g mixed vegetables - beansprouts, cherry tomatoes, green cabbage or 700g bag of ready-to-cook stir-fry vegetables|| |
| ||Sunflower Oil or Olive Oil - 4 tbsp|| |
| ||Garlic Clove - 1 (crushed)|| |
| ||Salt and Pepper|| |
| ||Rice - 200g|| |
| ||200g plain yoghurt|| |
• Cook the Rice according to the instructions on the packet.
• Halve the cherry tomatoes and slice the green cabbage into ½cm strips. Cut the fish or meat into 2 cm cubes.
• Heat 2 tablespoons of oil in a wok or frying pan and fry the meat or fish on all sides over a high heat for 1½ minutes.
• Now add the Madras Curry Sauce and turn down the heat. Place the lid on the pan and simmer for 5 to 10 minutes until the meat is tender.
• While the Fish/Meat is cooking, heat the remaining 2 tablespoons of Oil in a wok or frying pan and stir-fry the Vegetables together with the crushed Garlic Clove, seasoning with Salt and Pepper to taste.
• Serve the Vegetables, Rice, Yoghurt and Madras Curry separately.