Mathri is a popular Rajasthani snack item. Its a kind of flaky Biscuit - plain or stuffed. Tea served with Mathris along with spicy pickle tastes yum yum on a cosy afternoon!
All Purpose Flour - 1 Cup
| ||Semolina Flour - ¼ Cup|| |
| ||Salt - ½ tsp|| |
| ||Ajwain - ¼ tsp|| |
| ||Cumin Seeds - ½ tsp|| |
| ||Oil - 2 tbsp|| |
| ||Water - Slightly less than ½ Cup (use as required)|| |
| ||Oil for frying|| |
• Place all the ingredients except Water in a Mixing Bowl and mix well with hands.
• Add the Water little at a time and mix well to form a firm dough.
• Cover this and let it sit for atleast 15 minutes.
• Next divide the dough into 20 equal parts.
• Take each part of the dough and roll them into 2' circles.
• Prick each Mathri with a fork so that they do not puff while frying.
• Meanwhile heat Oil in a frying Pan, place few Mathris at a time in Oil and fry on medium heat until both the sides are light golden brown in colour.
• Drain on a Kitchen roll.
• Allow it to cool and store in an air-tight container.