|Available in 1.25kg bags.|
McDougalls - all that experience, expertise and nothing but the highest quality wheat goes into their flours, making them so fine and light, there's no need to sieve.
Their patented Self Raising Flour puts a little lift into ckaes, scones and biscuits, for delicious results every time.
Recipe Idea: Heart Shaped Chocolate Cake
Makes 2 mini sandwich cakes
• 40g McDougalls Self Raising Flour
• 10g cocoa
• 50g caster sugar
• 50g butter
• 1 medium egg - beaten
• 15ml milk
• 25g butter - softened
• 25g icing sugar - sieved
• 5g cocoa - sieved
Icing sugar, cocoa, some strawberries
• Preheat oven to fan 160c, conventional 180c, gas mark 4. Grease and line 4 heart-shaped mini tins.
• Sift together flour and cocoa into a bowl and set aside. In another bowl, cream sugar and butter together.
• Gradually add egg to the mixture with a little of the flour. Gently add the remainder of the flour and the milk until all the ingredients are combined.
• Turn into prepared tins and level the surface. Bake for 20-25 minutes until firm to the touch.
• Cool in the tins for 5 minutes, then turn out and cool fully on a wire rack.
• Beat filling ingredients together and use to sandwich cakes.
• Dust top with icing sugar and cocoa, and decortae with strawberries.