Methi Makai is a North Indian side dish. Sweetcorn cooked with Fenugreek Leaves in a spicy creamy gravy is an ultimate combination with any Naan bread.
Fenugreek Leaves washed and chopped - 250 gms
| ||Sweet Corn kernels - 1 Cup|| |
| ||Onions chopped - ½ Cup|| |
| ||Garlic grated - 1 tsp|| |
| ||Ginger grated - 1 tsp|| |
| ||Fresh Cream - ½ Cup|| |
| ||Cinnamon Powder - ¼ tsp|| |
| ||Chilli Powder - 1tsp|| |
| ||Dry Mango Powder - ½ tsp|| |
| ||Salt to taste|| |
| ||Oil - 1 Tbsp|| |
• Heat Oil in a pan, add Ginger & Garlic and fry for a few seconds.
• Then sauté the Onions till translucent.
• Then add the Fenugreek Leaves and cook for about 5 minutes.
• Then add Chilli Powder and Sweetcorn and further cook for few minutes.
• Then add the Dry Mango Powder and mix well.
• Lastly add the Cinnamon Powder and Cream. Mix well.
• Serve hot.