|Mixed vegetables tossed with onion, red pepper with a touch of spice. Light and delicious, and easy to prepare, can be served as a side dish or as a quick snack. Slap it up with a chapatti, tortilla wrap or even a Naan it's truly sensational.|
This dish is best cooked in a stir fry pan (non-stick if available) accompanied with a lid.
500g Mixed Vegetables (fresh or frozen) cut to suitable size
| || 2 Small Potatoes (cut into 2cm cubes) || |
| || 2 Medium Onions(finely chopped) || |
| || 1/2 Small Red Pepper (finely chopped) || |
| || 1 chopped Tomatoes || |
| || 2 Bay Leaves cut in halves (optional) || |
| || 1 tsp Turmeric || |
| || 1 - 2 tsps Chilli Powder (optional)|| |
| || 4 tsps (30g) Mr Huda's Universal Curry Paste|| |
| || 3 tbsp veg/olive oil || |
| || Fresh Coriander (optional)|| |
1. Par boil all the vegetables with salt and 1/2 tsp of turmeric. Once this is done drain, water and leave.
1. Heat 3 tbsp of oil (moderate heat) with the bay leaves in the pan.
2. Add the chopped onions, pepper and the tomato with some salt and cook to soften (stirring regularly).
3. Add the Mr Huda's Universal Curry Paste, chilli powder and rest of the turmeric and then cook for 1-2 mins (stirring regularly).
4. Add the vegetables, stir and then leave to gently simmer (covered), stirring occasionally for 20-30 mins or until the vegetables are fully cooked.
5. Once cooking is nearly over sprinkle some coriander, stir and leave covered.
TIPS: If you require this dish to be a little spicier simply add some sliced green chillis with the onions and a little more curry paste.