Nippattu is a popular South Indian snack item. It's a round shaped deep fried dish generally served with Coffee. It can be stored in air-tight containers for few days. So here's Nippattu for all those nutty flavour lovers!
Rice flour - 1 Cup
| ||All purpose flour - 2 tsp|| |
| ||Fine Semolina - ½ Cup|| |
| ||Red Chilli Powder - 4 tsp|| |
| ||Asafoetida - ¼ tsp|| |
| ||Sesame seeds - 1 tsp|| |
| ||Peanuts - ½ Cup|| |
| ||Roasted Split Gram - ¼ Cup|| |
| ||Dry Coconut grated - ¾ Cup|| |
| ||Hot Oil - 2 tbsp|| |
| ||Ghee - 2 tsp|| |
| ||Handful of Curry Leaves || |
| ||Salt to taste|| |
| ||Oil for frying|| |
• Grind Peanuts and Roasted Split Gram coarsely.
• Mix together all the ingredients (except Oil for frying) along with the ground mixture using Water to make a firm dough.
• Cut some plastic sheets into square shaped pieces. Spread some Oil over this. Take a small ball of the dough and flatten them to make a circular shape on the plastic sheet.
• Heat Oil in a pan and deep fry these discs till crisp. Repeat the same procedure with rest of the dough.
• Let it cool to room temperature and store it in air-tight containers.