Onion Pakora is a spicy starter that you may find in any Indian Restaurant Menu. It is something similar to fritters. Generally it is served with some Salad and eaten with a Mint Dip. Onion Pakoras can be eaten just as a tea time snack as well!
Gram flour - 1 Cup
| ||Green Chillies finely chopped - 1|| |
| ||Red Chilli Powder - 1 tsp|| |
| ||Carom seeds or Ajwain - 1 tsp|| |
| ||Salt to taste|| |
| ||Pinch of Baking Soda - 1 tsp|| |
| ||Thinly sliced Onions - 2|| |
| ||Finely chopped Coriander Leaves (Cilantro) - ¼ Cup|| |
| ||Pinch of Asafoetida|| |
| ||Water - Slightly less than ¼ Cup|| |
| ||Oil for frying|| |
• Place all the ingredients except Water and Oil in a mixing bowl.
• Add little Water at a time and mix well to make a thick batter.
• Meanwhile heat Oil in a pan, drop spoonfuls of batter into the Oil.
• Fry the Pakoras on medium heat until golden brown in colour.
• Drain them on paper towels.
• Serve hot with Chutney or any dip of your choice.