Paneer is the Indian name for homemade cottage cheese. It's commonly used in many curry dishes. Indian Cottage Cheese in Spicy Spinach Gravy, widely known as Palak Paneer is a famous Paneer dish that is served in almost all Indian restaurants. It's a spicy creamy dish that can be served with either Pulao or any Indian Bread.
Spinach - 300g
| ||Paneer cut into cubes - 150g|| |
| ||Garam Masala - ½ tsp|| |
| ||Red Chilli Powder - ½ tsp|| |
| ||Oil - 2 tsp|| |
| ||Ginger Garlic Paste - 1 tsp|| |
| ||Cumin seeds - 1 tsp|| |
| ||Pinch of Turmeric and Asafoetida is optional|| |
| ||Onion - 1 (½ for grinding and ½ finely chopped)|| |
| ||Fresh Cream - 1 tbsp|| |
• Cook spinach in Microwave for about 3 minutes and keep it aside for cooling. Once it's cooled, blend together spinach and ½ onions in a grinder.
• Heat oil in a pan, add Cumin Seeds, Turmeric, Asafoetida and Ginger Garlic paste. Sauté Onions on a low flame and next add the Spinach Puree.
• Add Salt, Garam Masala and Red Chilli powder to the above and bring it to boil.
• Then add the Paneer cubes and mix well. Keep it simmered for about 5 minutes.
• Lastly top it with some fresh Cream and serve it hot.
Tip: Paneer becomes soft and fluffy when soaked in warm water for about 10 minutes. Spice level can be adjusted accordingly to your taste.