For best results, Fry:
• Heat 2-4cm vegetable oil in a frying pan, or use a deep fat fryer set to 180-200c. To test oil is hot enough, add a small piece of pappadum to the oil. If it starts to bubble and expands immediately, then the oil temperature is correct.
• Fry each pappadum individually for 2-3 seconds. It will expand quickly.
• Use tongs to turn the pappadum over and then remove from the hot oil, allowing the excess oil to drain off.
• For best results drain on absorbent kitchen paper. The pappadums will become crisp on cooling.
• Lightly brush both sides of a pappadum with vegetable oil.
• Place a single pappadum in the microwave and cover with kitchen paper.
• Cook on full power for 30 seconds or until expanded.