Simple to make, yet so delicious you'll have an empty party platter before it even gets to the buffet table! Marinate the meat overnight for even more depth of flavour...
Lean Pork Steaks, cut into strips - 450 g
| || Mirin - 1 tbsp|| |
| ||Sesame Oil - 1 tbsp|| |
| ||Light Soy Sauce - 1 tbsp|| |
| ||Coconut Cream - 3 tbsps|| |
| ||Thaitalian Tingler Chilli Jam - 2 tbsps|| |
| ||Thai Red Curry Paste - 1 tbsp|| |
| ||Tamarind Paste - 2 tbsps|| |
| ||Fish Sauce - 2 tsps|| |
| ||Palm Sugar - 2 tsps|| |
| ||Peanuts, finely chopped or pounded - 150g|| |
| ||Coconut Milk - 150 ml|| |
• Cut the pork steaks into thin strips and then marinade in a large bowl in the sesame oil and soy sauce for at least a couple of hours refrigerated, or overnight if possible.
• Mix the coconut cream and Thai red curry paste together and heat in a pan over a low heat for 5 minutes until hot.
• Add the fish sauce, palm sugar, Prices Spices Thaitalian Tingler Chilli Jam, tamarind paste and chopped peanuts, and cook for a further 5 minutes. Then add the coconut milk and stir well.
• Thread the marinated meat onto soaked skewers, heat the grill to high and place the skewers on a wire rack or baking tray.
• Brush each skewer with the peanut mixture prior to grilling on each side for around 5 minutes until golden brown.
• Serve the pork skewers with the satay dipping sauce.