|Suggested recipe - Stuffed Mango Pickle:|
50 small green mangoes
6 cups Salt
5 tbsp Fenugreek
14 tbsp Mustard seeds
16 tbsp Chilli powder (or to taste)
1. Cut the washed Mangoes into four, almost all the way down, leaving the seeds.
2. Stuff each mango with salt and keep under heavy weights for 4 days. Carefully turn the Mangoes over each day.
3. Grind the mustard seeds and fenugreek together.
4. Heat the oil in a pan and fry the asafoetida, turmeric, fenugreek, mustard seeds and chilli powder for 5 minutes. Remove the spice mixture from the oil.
5. Remove the seeds from the mangoes, stuff each Mango with the spice mixture.
6. Arrange the Mangoes in a sterilised jar and cover the mangoes with oil.
Ready to eat in about 1 month!