Besan Ladoo is a common dessert prepared at home. This can be easily given for kids as its a non messy dessert. In general this can be served any time during the day or just after meals.
Besan Flour - ½ Cup
| || Fine Semolina (optional) - 2 tbsp|| |
| || Ghee - ½ Cup|| |
| || Sugar - ¾ Cup|| |
| || Chopped mixed Nuts (Cashews + Almonds + Raisins) - 4 tbsp|| |
| || Cardamom Powder - ¼ tsp|| |
• Heat the Ghee in a pan and add Besan, Semolina and mix well.
• Roast Besan on medium heat until the Besan becomes light brown in colour. Make sure you stir the mixture continuously so that it doesnt get burnt.
• After about 10mins you will get the nice aroma of the Besan. This is the indication that its well cooked and ready to take off from the heat.
• While warm add Sugar, chopped Nuts and Cardamom Powder to this mixture and mix well.
• To make Ladoos, take about 2 tablespoons of this mixture in your palm and gently press it between your palms to make a smooth round ball. The size of the Ladoo can be made to your preference.
• Garnish with Raisins. Let these Ladoos cool at room temperature before storing them in the containers.
• Besan Ladoos can be stored in air tight containers for 2-3 weeks.