|Fried Guwar Bhaji ... a simple but deceptively tasty recipe for Green Bean Curry... also works really well with Okra or French Beans|
Guwar - 500g
| ||Fresh Ginger, finely chopped - 1 inch|| |
| ||Fenugreek Seeds - ¼ tsp|| |
| ||Cumin Seeds - ½ tsp|| |
| ||Red Onions, sliced - 2 large|| |
| ||Green Chillies, sliced - 2 or to taste|| |
| ||Mango Powder - ½ tsp|| |
| ||Coriander Powder - ½ tsp|| |
| ||Salt - to taste|| |
| ||Fresh Coriander - 2 tbsps to garnish|| |
• Heat some oil in a pan, and add the cumin seeds then the fenugreek seeds.
• Add the fresh ginger and green chillies and stir for a moment.
• Add the sliced red onions and fry until soft and golden.
• Add the guwar and mix well. Then add the mango powder, coriander powder and salt to taste and stir.
• Fry gently until the beans are cooked to your liking.
• Sprinkle with fresh coriander and serve with hot, fluffy basmati rice.
• For Okra, click: Okra