Onion Chutney is a simple and easiest chutneys. As the main ingredient here is Onions, ought to be a spicy one! Perfect accompaniment for Jowar Rotis, Chapathis or even sometimes Rice.
less than 5 mins
Red Onions chopped - 4
| || Roasted split Gram - 2 tsp|| |
| || Red Chilli Powder - 1 tsp|| |
| || Tamarind pulp - 1 tbsp|| |
| || Salt to taste|| |
| || Coconut grated - 3 tsp (optional)|| |
| || For the tempering|
Oil - 1 tbsp
| || Mustard Seeds - ½ tsp|| |
| || A pinch of Asafoetida|| |
| || Turmeric Powder - ¼ tsp|| |
• Grind all the above ingredients into a paste.
• Heat Oil in a pan, add Mustard Seeds and allow it to splutter. Then add Turmeric Powder, Asafoetida. Pour this on the Chutney
• Serve this spicy Chutney with the choice of your bread.
• Please note that this Chutney should be consumed on the same day as prepared or maximum refrigerate for 2 days.
• If you want to refrigerate for a week or two, then you need to sauté the Chutney with some Oil in a pan till all the raw smell has gone.