Super spicy, Chettinad Dry Pepper Chicken Curry, showcases pepper as the star of this fiery dish...
Oil -3 tbps
| ||Boneless Chicken Breast - 400g, cut into strips|| |
| ||Mustard Seeds - ½ tsp|| |
| ||Onions - 2, sliced|| |
| ||Whole Green Chillies - 2, slit|| |
| ||Curry Leaves - 1 tbsp|| |
| ||Black Peppercorns - 1 tsp, ground|| |
| ||Fennel Seeds - 1 tbsp|| |
| ||Ground Coriander - 2 tbsp|| |
| ||Fresh ginger - 1', grated|| |
| ||Garlic Cloves - 3, crushed|| |
| ||Turmeric Powder - 1 tsp|| |
| ||Salt - to taste|| |
| ||Garam Masala - 1 tbsp|| |
| ||Lemon Juice / Vinegar - ½ tbsp|| |
| ||Fresh Coriander - 3 tbsp|| |
• Heat the oil, add the mustard seeds and fennel seeds until they sizzle. Remove from heat.
• Add the sliced onions, green chillies, fresh ginger, garlic and curry leaves, stir, return to heat and stir fry until onions are golden, adding a little water if necessary to stop mixture sticking to pan.
• Add the ground coriander, garam masala and turmeric powder, stir and fry for a minute or so.
• Add the chicken strips and a little water. Stir well. Cover and cook on a low heat until the chicken is cooked through. Stir every so often.
• Remove lid, and cook until any juice is absorbed. Add the ground black pepper and stir.
• Ad the Lemon Juice / Vinegar and Salt to taste.Stir fry over a low heat for a minute or so.
• Remove from heat and sprinkle with fresh Coriander and serve with hot Roti or steaming rice.