|This versatile rice dish is simply delicious when served with Papads, Yogurt and the Pickle of your choice...|
400g Boneless Chicken (cut into small cubes)
| || 300g Basmati Rice (washed and drained)|| |
| || 1 Medium Onion finely chopped || |
| || 1 Small Green Pepper, finely chopped|| |
| ||½' Fresh Ginger grated|| |
| || 2 Garlic Cloves crushed|| |
| || 3 tbsp Veg/Olive Oil|| |
| || 500ml Vegetable Stock or Water|| |
| || 6 tsps Mr Huda's Universal Curry Paste|| |
| || 2-3 Finger Green Chilli cut lengthways in half|| |
| || 2' piece Cassia Bark|| |
| ||½ tsp Turmeric|| |
| || 2 Bay Leaves|| |
| ||Fresh Coriander|| |
1. Gently heat the oil in the pan and add the garlic, ginger, chillies with the bay leaves and cassia and cook until garlic is golden.
2. Add the onion and pepper with a pinch of salt and gently cook until soft. Then add the turmeric and the Mr Huda's Universal Curry paste, cook for 1-2 mins on a gentle heat.
3. Add the chicken and cook on full heat for 5-6 mins, stirring occasionally.
4. Back on moderate heat add the rice and cook covered for a further 5-6 mins, stirring occasionally.
5. Add the stock or water with some coriander, and on full heat bring to boil and then cook on low heat (covered) for around 15-20 mins or until the rice is cooked.
6. If rice gets too dry before getting cooked add some water.
7. Serve hot, garnesh with fresh coriander, with Papads, Raita and your favourite pickles...