|A healthy and quick version of classic Take-Away style Chow Mein with fresh crunchy vegetables, packed with flavour ...|
2 Chicken Breasts, sliced
| || 4 tbsps Dark Soy Sauce|| |
| || 1 tsp Chinese Five Spice Powder|| |
| || 1 tbsp Cornflour|| |
| || 150g Dried Noodles|| |
| || 1 tsp Sesame Oil|| |
| || 2 tbsps Groundnut Oil|| |
| || 1 Onion sliced|| |
| || 2 cloves Garlic grated|| |
| || 1 Red Pepper, sliced|| |
| || 150g Fresh Beansprouts|| |
| || 4 tbsps Light Soy Sauce|| |
| ||2 tbsps Oyster Sauce|| |
| ||Ground White Pepper to taste|| |
| || 3 Spring Onions, shredded|| |
1. Combine the Cornflour and Chinese Five Spice Powder. Season the Chicken with Dark Soy Sauce and lightly coat with the Cornflour Spice Mix. Allow to stand for at least a few minutes and preferably an hour, for the flavours to develop.
2. Cook the Noodles according to the pack instructions until al dente / still slightly firm. Drain and run under cold water, then drain again. Drizzle with sesame oil and gently turn to coat all the noodles to prevent them sticking together.Set aside.
3. Heat Goundnut Oil in a wok until very hot and fry Chicken slices until cooked. Remove Chicken from wok. Add Garlic and Onion to hot wok and cook until softened slightly, then add Red Pepper, Beansprouts, cooked Noodles and Chicken. stir and cook for 1-2 minutes.
4. Season with Light Soy Sauce, White Pepper and Oyster Sauce.
5. Serve hot, garnished with Shredded Spring Onion.