|Waxy Charlotte Potatoes in a vibrant, spicy, yogurt-based sauce...|
Kashmiri Chilli Peppers - 10
| ||Cashews - 30g|| |
| ||Waxy Charlotte Potatoes, peeled - 500g|| |
| ||Oil - 4 tbps|| |
| ||Bay Leaf - 1|| |
| ||Green Cardamoms - 6, crushed|| |
| ||Black Peppercorns - 6, crushed|| |
| ||Fennel Seeds - 1 tsp|| |
| ||Cassia Bark - 2 pieces|| |
| ||Caraway Seeds - 1 tsp|| |
| ||Asafoetida - pinch|| |
| ||Turmeric Powder - 1 tsp|| |
| ||Plain Yogurt - 150 ml|| |
| ||Garam Masala - 1tbsp|| |
| ||Fresh Coriander - 3 tbsp|| |
• Soak the Kashmiri chillies and Cashews in hot water for 20 minutes, then grind to a smooth paste with some of the soaking liquid.
• Peel the Charlotte Potatoes and prick with a fork to enable even cooking and the flavours to penetrate. Boil them in water for 6-minutes. Drain the water.
• Heat the oil in a deep pan. Add the Bay Leaf, crushed Green Cardamons, crushed Peppercorns, Fennel Seeds, Cassia Bark and Caraway Seeds.
• Once sizzling, add Asafoetida, Turmeric and Kashmiri Chilli / Cashew Paste and stir well.
• Remove from heat and gradually stir in the Plain Yogurt. When combined return to low heat, add the potatoes and simmer until potatoes are cooked through.
• Stir in the Garam Masala and add Salt to taste.
• Remove from heat and allow to cool slightly, so the potatoes soak up the sauce. Sprinkle with fresh Coriander and serve with hot Roti.