|Vindaloo, with its characteristic spiciness, is traditionally full of tomatoes, onions and chillies, soured with vinegar and spiced with cumin and coriander...|
|Ingredients:||Lamb - 700g, stewing cut, in bite-size pieces|| |
| ||Vinegar - 2 tbsp|| |
| ||Vindaloo Paste - 3 tbsp|| |
| ||Garlic Cloves, crushed - 1|| |
| ||White Onions, finely chopped - 3|| |
| ||Oil - 3 tbsp|| |
| ||Fresh Tomatoes, quartered - 6|| |
| ||Sugar - to taste|| |
• Blend the vinegar and Vindaloo Paste until smooth.
• Add the lamb pices, stir to coat well and set aside to marinade for 30 minutes or longer if time allows.
• In a large, heavy pot, heat up the oil. Add the onions and saute for 10-15 minutes, until golden brown.
• Then add the lamb and stir fry for 10 minutes until browned on all sides.
• Add 500ml water, sugar and salt to taste. Stir well and bring to a boil. Simmer, covered, until the lamb is almost cooked through.
• Add the tomatoes and cook until soft, for about 10 minutes.
• Turn off the heat and allow to stand for 10 minutes or so.
• Serve with steaming hot rice