|Earthy spicy spinach complimented by crispy fried potatoes... Or make good use of all that juicy pumpkin flesh instead!|
Fresh Spinach - 1 large bag
| ||Potatoes, peeled and cubed - 3 large|| |
| ||Garlic Clove, crushed - 1|| |
| ||Fresh Chillies, minced - 1 (or to taste)|| |
| ||Mustard Seeds - 1 tsp|| |
| ||Turmeric Powder - 1 tsp|| |
| ||Groundnut Oil - 4 tbsp|| |
| ||Black Pepper - to taste|| |
| ||Salt - to taste|| |
| ||Cumin Seeds - 1 tsp|| |
| ||Onions, sliced - 2 large|| |
• Par-boil the potato cubes, then fry in a large frying pan, in 2 tbsps oil until golden brown on all sides. Set aside on kitchen paper to drain.
• Heat the remaining oil in the same pan, add the mustard seeds and cumin seeds and fry until popping. Add the sliced onions, garlic and fresh chillies and saute until the onions are golden brown.
• Add the turmeric and stir to coat the onions. Add the spinach to the pan and allow to wilt.
• Add the fried potatoes and stir gently to heat through, taking care not to break up the cubes.
• Once cooked, season with salt and pepper to taste.