|Do you want a Vegetable Balti Curry with that unique British Indian Restaurant quality and taste? Then simply follow the instructions below for success every time...|
400g Vegetables (cauliflower, swede, carrot, peas, beans)
| || 2 White Onions|| |
| || 1 Small Green or Red Pepper|| |
| || 4 tbsps Veg/Olive Oil|| |
| ||1 tsp Turmeric|| |
| || 2 Garlic Cloves crushed|| |
| || 5 Small Tomatoes|| |
| ||10g Fresh Ginger grated|| |
| || 1-2 Finger Green Chilli cut lengthways in half|| |
| || 2 Small Potatoes, cubed|| |
| || 3 tbsp Natural Yogurt|| |
| || 7 tsps Mr Huda's Balti Paste|| |
| || 2 Bay Leaves|| |
| ||Fresh Coriander|| |
1st Stage (Puree):
1. Cut 1 onion and 3 tomatoes into quarters, and chop half the pepper, together with the ginger, 1 garlic clove, green chillies and a little coriander.
2. Put the above in a small sauce pan together with 3 tbsp oil, ½ tsp turmeric, salt and 250ml warm water and cover with a lid.
3. Gently boil until soft (approximately 15-20 mins), stirring occasionally. When cooked place in a blender to make into puree.
4. Par boil the chopped and peeled vegetables including the potatoes with salt and ½ tsp turmeric. Once cooked, drain vegetables and set aside.
5. Heat 1 tbsp oil (moderate heat) in a medium sized sauce pan. Add 1 crushed garlic clove and the bay leaves and slowly fry until the garlic is golden.
6. Add the second onion and other half of the pepper (both finely sliced) and the rest of the tomatoes (chopped) with some salt and cook to soften, stirring regularly.
7. Add the Mr Huda's Balti Curry Paste and the yogurt and cook for 2 mins, stirring continuously.
8. Add the blended puree with a little warm water (around 125ml) and bring to boil.
9.Add the par boiled vegetables and gently simmer for 10 minutes until vegetables are fully cooked or until the required texture (add more water if you prefer more sauce or cook on higher heat slightly longer with lid semi opened for thicker sauce).
10. Once cooking is nearly over remove the bay leaves and add the chopped coriander then leave to settle for 5 mins before serving...