Kumar's Rendang Curry: this Indonesian cooking sauce with roasted coconut is made with many herbs and spices including turmeric, lemongrass, nutmeg, cinnamon, cloves, cumin and coriander. It has a wonderful spicy flavour and is especially delicious combined with beef.
Medium Hot - Indonesian
350g lean stewing beef (chuck, blade or shin), diced
| ||Kumar's Rendang Curry Sauce|| |
| ||White Onion, chopped, 50g|| |
| ||Sunflower Oil or Olive Oil - 4 tbsp|| |
| ||Coconut Milk - 100ml|| |
| ||50ml water|| |
• Cut the meat into 2cm cubes.
• Heat the oil in a wok or frying pan and brown the meat on all sides over a high heat for 5 minutes, adding the chopped onions half-way through.
• Now add the pot of Rendang and water, cover and simmer over a low heat for 1 hour.
• Stir frequently, adding more water if the dish starts to dry out.
• About 10 minutes before the end, cook the rice according to the instructions on the packet.
• Serve hot with the rice.