Roasted Red Pepper and Walnut Dip is a traditional Syrian dip called muhammara. This is a good way to eat the Walnuts. It can be served with selection of small dishes like hoummus, pickles, olives, cheese and flatbread. Best part is it can be made a day in advance for parties!
Red Bell Peppers - 3
| ||Walnut halves coarsely chopped - 100g|| |
| ||Dried Chilli flakes - ½ tsp|| |
| ||Sun dried Tomato paste - 1 tbsp|| |
| ||Garlic Cloves chopped - 2|| |
| ||Lemon Juice - 2 tsp|| |
| ||Balsamic Vinegar - 1 tbsp|| |
| ||Sugar - 2 tsp|| |
| ||Cumin Powder - 1 tsp|| |
| ||Olive Oil - 2 tbsp|| |
| ||Pistachio chopped to sprinkle|| |
| ||Salt to taste|| |
| ||Black Pepper powder for seasoning|| |
• Cook the Peppers in a pre heated Oven to 220 degree centigrade for about 10 - 15 minutes or until the skin has puffed up and blackened all over.
• Transfer this to a bowl, cover with a towel and leave until it is cool enough to handle.
• Remove the skin and seeds from the Peppers and tear the flesh into pieces.
• Then put this in a food processor and add the remaining ingredients. Grind it into a coarse paste.
• Season with Salt and Pepper and transfer it into a bowl.
• Cover this with clingfilm and refrigerate for 8 hours or overnight. This will develop good flavour.
• Bring this to room temperature before serving. Drizzle with some Olive Oil and sprinkle some chopped Pistachio.
• Serve with toasted bread.