Saffron Rice is a delicious sweet dish which can be served cold or warm depending on ones choice. Its nothing but Basmati Rice which is flavoured with Saffron and some mild Indian Spices. This is topped with roasted nuts.
Basmati Rice - 1 Cup
| ||Ghee - 2 Tbsp || |
| ||Water - 2 Cups || |
| ||Milk - 2 Tbsp || |
| ||Sugar - ½ Cup || |
| ||Cinnamon stick - 1 inch || |
| ||Saffron threads - ¼ tsp || |
| ||Cloves - 4 || |
| ||Cardamom crushed - ½ tsp || |
| ||Pinch of Salt || |
| ||Pistachio, Almonds and Raisins sliced for garnishing || |
• Dry roast the nuts and Raisins and set aside.
• Now put the Rice, Cinnamon, Water and Salt in a pan. Cover and cook on medium heat.
• When Water comes to boil reduce the heat to low and cook until well done.
• Meanwhile in another pan, combine Milk, Ghee, Sugar, Saffron, Cloves and Cardamom. Stirring continuously, bring it to boil on medium heat. Then set this aside.
• Then add the nuts mixture and Sugar syrup over the Rice and gently fold into the Rice using a spoon.
• Cover and further cook for about 3-4 minutes.
• Turn off the heat and keep it covered until serving.
• Serve hot or cold.