|Do you want Shami Kebabs and Sheek Kebabs with that unique British Indian Restaurant quality and taste? Then simply follow the instructions below for success every time...|
India's answer to burgers and sausages. Serve in a bun with chilli sauce and salad or unaccompanied as an appetizer.
Shami/Sheek kebab are often made with the same ingredients, it's the way of cooking that makes the two different.
Shami : shallow fried (burger shaped).
Sheek : cooked on the skewer over the fire or in the Tandoor Oven (sausage shaped).
500g Minced Meat
| || 1 Egg || |
| || 7 tsp (65g) Mr Huda's Shami/Sheek Kebab Paste|| |
| || Green Chilli to taste (optional)|| |
| || Small Onion (optional)|| |
| || Fresh Coriander finely chopped|| |
1. Place the minced meat in a bowl.
2. If using the optional Onions and/or Chilli - chop very finely and add to the mince.
3. Add the egg, Mr Huda's Shami/Sheek Kebab Paste and fresh coriander and mix it thoroughly.
4. Once mixed leave to stand in the fridge for at least 2 - 3 hours or overnight.
5. Shami: Create small patties/burgers and shallow fry, turning until cooked.
6. Sheek: Press around a small skewer and grill, or cook in the Tandoor, turning until cooked.
Once cooked garnish with fresh salad, lemon wedges and coriander. Serve with mint tamarind yoghurt sauce.