This is a North Indian style curry where the grilled Aubergines are cooked with Spices and Herbs. Typically glossy smooth surface Aubergines have less seeds and this is a perfect of its kind. The spicy version tastes yummy with Roti and some sliced Salad. We sometimes use this as a spread as well. So depending on your likings enjoy this spicy curry!
Aubergine - 1
| ||Onion finely chopped - 1|| |
| ||Tomato chopped - 1|| |
| ||Ginger Garlic paste - 1 tsp|| |
| ||Green Peas - ¼ cup|| |
| ||Oil - 2 tbsp|| |
| ||Mustard Seeds - 1 tsp|| |
| ||Cumin seeds - 1 tsp|| |
| ||Turmeric - ¼ tsp|| |
| ||Pinch of Asafoetida|| |
| ||Garam Masala - 1 tsp|| |
| ||Red chilli powder - 1 tsp|| |
| ||Salt (to taste)|| |
• Grease Aubergine with a small quantity of Oil and gently fry it, turning occasionally, till it is soft.
• Allow it to cool, and then peel the skin. Mash the pulp thoroughly and keep it aside.
• Heat Oil in a pan, add Mustard Seeds and wait for it to sputter. Next, add Cumin Seeds, Turmeric and Asafoetida. Add Ginger Garlic paste and sauté Onions for some time.
• Next add Tomatoes, Green Peas and some Salt and mix well.
• Then add mashed Aubergine with some Garam Masala, Red Chilli Powder and mix well. Add 1 to 2 tsp of Oil if required.
Garnish with chopped Cilantro and Smoked Aubergine Curry is ready to be served with a grilled Green Chilli.