| || 1 tbspn Cooking Oil || |
| || 1 finely chopped Medium Onion || |
| || 1 small tin (227g) Chopped Tomatoes / 200g Fresh Tomatoes / 1 tbsp Tomato Puree || |
| || 40g/ 2 heaped teaspoons of Spice Guru Fabulous Fish Masala Blend (or use Spice Guru Magical Meat Masala Blend for a milder flavoured curry)|| |
| || ½ - 1 Cup water || |
| || 1 tbspn Chopped Coriander || |
1. Heat the Oil and sauté the Onions until brown.
2. Add the Tomatoes and the Spice Guru Fabulous Fish Masala Blend. Stir and cook for 2 - 3 minutes.
3. Add the Prawns, mix thoroughly, cover and cook for 15 minutes on a medium heat, stirring occasionally until the Prawns are cooked. 5-minutes before the end of cooking time add ½-1 cup of Water if more sauce is required.
4. Garnish with Coriander and serve.
The General Rule for using Spice Guru Masala Blends:
For every 450g/1lb meat/vegetables/fish use 40g of the preferred Masala Blend.
If you prefer a milder masala add a little more cream and sugar.
Want More Flavour?
To enhance the flavour of your meat or chicken curry add a stick of cinnamon and 2 or three cloves to the heated oil before adding the other ingredients.
The Secret Ingredient
To enhance the flavour of your vegetable dishes add ½ a teaspoon of whole cumin seeds to the heated oil and allow them to brown before adding the other ingredients.
Not Hot Enough?
If you like your curries hotter add a little dry red chilli powder to the dish.
Keep It Together!
Before you cook your fish soak it in 2 tablespoons of lemon juice and 1 teaspoon of salt for 15 minutes. Rinse thoroughly in cold water and you're ready to cook! This will stop the fish falling apart during cooking.
For Curries with an 'Onion Sauce' base:
• To make a thicker sauce base, puree the onions.
• If more sauce is required add ½ - 1 cup water 5 minutes before the end of cooking time.