'It's all about the pleasure of cooking...'
There's honest pleasure in knowing the food we eat is tasty, wholesome and made with real ingredients. Spicentice is all about creating a home-cooked experience, to share with family and friends, with traditional recipes that have been perfected over generations.
The clever little (no waste) packs of 100% pure herbs and spices come with an easy to prepare recipe that serves four and a shopping list of the extra things needed to make your favourite dish.
Each Spicentice Chick Pea Curry kit contains Cumin Seeds, Chilli Powder, Ground Cumin, Ground Coriander, Paprika, Garam Masala (Ground Cinnamon, Ground Black Pepper, Ground Cloves, Ground Cardamom).
No additives, no preservatives and no colouring.
Chick Peas (1 tin/410g)
2 Onions (medium)
2 Garlic Cloves
1' piece Ginger
200ml Tomatoes (tinned)
3 tbsp Cooking Oil
½ tsp Salt
½ tsp Sugar
Fresh Coriander (for garnish - optional)
1. Peel and finely chop the onions, ginger, garlic and coriander.
2. Wash and drain the chick peas and blend the tomatoes.
Cooking the curry
1. Heat oil in a pan over medium heat. Add contents of Sachet 1 and allow seeds to sizzle for a few seconds before adding the onion.
2. When lightly browned, add ginger and garlic and continue to fry.
3. Now add the tomatoes, contents of Sachet 2 and ½ tsp each salt and sugar. Allow to simmer for 2 mins.
4. Stir in the chick peas, add 150ml of cold water and simmer.
5. Cook until chick peas are tender, then check the seasoning and finally garnish with fresh coriander.
Tip: If more sauce is required add 50ml water and simmer for further 5 mins.
Serve with... This typical Gujarati chick pea curry is delicious served with our Pilau Rice and Naan bread. Chick peas were a favourite of the Roman gourmet, Apicius, who it is said spent 100 million sestertii on fine foods. Unlucky if you're behind him at the checkout!