'It's all about the pleasure of cooking...'
There's honest pleasure in knowing the food we eat is tasty, wholesome and made with real ingredients. Spicentice is all about creating a home-cooked experience, to share with family and friends, with traditional recipes that have been perfected over generations.
The clever little (no waste) packs of 100% pure herbs and spices come with an easy to prepare recipe that serves four and a shopping list of the extra things needed to make your favourite dish.
Each Spicentice Chicken Jalfrezi Curry Kit contains Tandoori Powder, Chilli Powder, Ground Cumin, Ground Coriander, Garam Masala (Ground Cinnamon, Ground Black Pepper, Ground Cloves, Ground Cardamom), Turmeric.
No additives, no preservatives and no colouring.
Chicken (4 breast fillets)
2 Onions (medium)
1 Red Pepper
1 Tomato (medium)
3 Garlic Cloves
1' piece Ginger
1½ tsp Tomato Puree
3 tbsp Cooking Oil
1 tsp Salt
Fresh Coriander - (for garnish - optional)
1. Remove the skin from the chicken and cut the chicken into bite-sized pieces.
2. Mix with contents of the marinade Sachet and 1 level tsp salt so the chicken is well coated. Leave to marinate for 15 mins or longer.
3. Meanwhile, finely chop the ginger, garlic, tomato and 1 onion.
4. Cut other onion and pepper into quarters.
Cooking the curry
1. Fry the chopped onion in a large saucepan over medium heat. As it starts to brown, add the ginger and garlic and fry for a few seconds.
2. Add the marinated chicken, reduce the heat and cover, stirring occasionally for 10 mins.
3. Stir in the contents of Sachet 2, the tomatoes, onion and pepper and cook for another 5 mins.
4. Now stir in 100ml warm water and the tomato puree and gently simmer for 10 mins until the chicken is tender. If you require more sauce simply add a little more water.
5. Finally, check seasoning and serve with plenty of chopped coriander.
Chicken jalfrezi... This traditional Bengal curry is best served with our Pilau Rice and Chutney. A recipe well loved since the days of the British Raj - now very much a jewel in the Spicentice crown!