'It's all about the pleasure of cooking...'
There's honest pleasure in knowing the food we eat is tasty, wholesome and made with real ingredients. Spicentice is all about creating a home-cooked experience, to share with family and friends, with traditional recipes that have been perfected over generations.
The clever little (no waste) packs of 100% pure herbs and spices come with an easy to prepare recipe that serves four and a shopping list of the extra things needed to make your favourite dish.
Each Spicentice Chicken Korma Curry Kit contains Ground Cumin, Ground Coriander, Chilli Powder, Turmeric, Cassia Bark, Cardamom, Cloves, Garam Masala (Ground Black Pepper, Ground Cloves, Ground Cinnamon, Ground Cardamom).
No additives, no preservatives and no colouring.
Chicken (4 breast fillets)
1 Onion (large)
5 tbsp Yogurt
100ml Single Cream
3 tbsp Ground Almonds
1' piece Ginger
3 Garlic Cloves
1 tbsp Tomato Puree
4 tbsp Cooking Oil
1 tsp Salt
1 tsp Sugar
Preparing the paste
1. Finely chop the garlic, ginger and onions.
2. Cut the chicken into bite-size pieces and mix with the contents of the marinade Sachet, yogurt, ½ tsp salt and half the chopped ginger and garlic.
3. Leave to marinate for 30 mins or more.
Cooking the curry
1. Heat the oil in a large saucepan over medium heat and add the contents of Sachet 1. Allow the seeds to sizzle for a few seconds before adding the onion.
2. As the onion browns, add the remaining ginger and garlic and continue to fry.
3. Now add the almonds, tomato puree and contents of Sachet 2. Stir all the ingredients together.
4. Stir in the marinated chicken and add the cream.
5. Add ½ tsp salt and 1 tsp sugar.
6. Now add 100ml water and simmer for 15 mins until chicken is tender, stirring occasionally.
7. Finally check the seasoning and serve.
Chicken korma... This mild, creamy curry has its roots in the Mughlai cuisine of North India and is best served with our Pilau Rice and Naan bread. The Mughals did everything in style and splendour, so this one calls for matching cutlery and tiaras!