'It's all about the pleasure of cooking...'
There's honest pleasure in knowing the food we eat is tasty, wholesome and made with real ingredients. Spicentice is all about creating a home-cooked experience, to share with family and friends, with traditional recipes that have been perfected over generations.
The clever little (no waste) packs of 100% pure herbs and spices come with an easy to prepare recipe that serves four and a shopping list of the extra things needed to make your favourite dish.
Each Spicentice Goan Prawn Curry Kit contains Ground Coriander, Chilli Powder, Dried Chilli, Turmeric, Garam Masala (Ground Cinnamon, Ground Black Pepper, Ground Cloves, Ground Cardamom), Ajwain.
No additives, no preservatives and no colouring.
450g King Prawns (peeled)
2 Onions (medium)
1 Garlic Clove (large)
1' piece Ginger
200ml Tomatoes (tinned)
100ml Coconut Milk
1 tsp Lemon Juice
4 tbsp Cooking Oil
1 tsp Salt
Fresh Coriander - (for garnish - optional)
1. Peel and finely chop the garlic, ginger and onions.
2. Wash prawns in cold water.
3. Blend the tomatoes.
Cooking the curry
1. Heat oil in a large pan over medium heat. Add the contents of Sachet 1. Allow the seeds to sizzle for a few seconds before adding the onion.
2. When lightly browned, add the ginger and garlic and continue to fry.
3. Now add the tomatoes, contents of Sachet 2, 1 level tsp salt and 1 tsp lemon juice. Stir the ingredients together.
4. Add the coconut milk with 100ml cold water.
5. Stir in the prawns and simmer for 5-10 mins on a low heat until prawns are tender.
6. Finally check the seasoning and garnish with fresh coriander.
Tip: Avoid over cooking the prawns as they will become hard.
Serve with... our Pilau Rice or Naan bread. Traditionally served on a banana leaf in Southern India, but equally delicious on a plate in Balham - whichever continent you're on, just add friends or family for this perfect Goan curry experience.