'It's all about the pleasure of cooking...'
There's honest pleasure in knowing the food we eat is tasty, wholesome and made with real ingredients. Spicentice is all about creating a home-cooked experience, to share with family and friends, with traditional recipes that have been perfected over generations.
The clever little (no waste) packs of 100% pure herbs and spices come with an easy to prepare recipe that serves four and a shopping list of the extra things needed to make your favourite dish.
Each Spicentice Kheema Karai Curry Kit contains Cumin Seeds, Chilli Powder, Ground Cumin, Ground Coriander, Garam Masala (Ground Cinnamon, Ground Black Pepper, Ground Cloves, Ground Cardamom), Cassia Bark, Paprika, Cardamom, Black Peppercorns.
No additives, no preservatives and no colouring.
550g Minced Meat
4 Onions (medium)
3 Garlic Cloves
1½' piece Ginger
300ml Tomatoes (tinned)
4 tbsp Peas (fresh/frozen)
1 tsp Lemon Juice
5 tbsp Cooking Oil
1 tsp Salt
½ tsp Sugar
Fresh Coriander (for garnish - optional)
1. Peel and finely chop the onions, ginger, garlic and coriander.
2. Blend the tomatoes.
Cooking the curry
1. Heat the oil in a large pan over a medium heat. Add the contents of Sachet 1 and fry seeds for a few seconds before adding the onion.
2. When lightly browned, add the ginger and garlic and continue to fry.
3. Now add the tomatoes, minced meat and contents of Sachet 2 with 1 level tsp salt and ½ tsp sugar. Stir ingredients together.
4. Next add 1 tsp lemon juice and cook with lid covered for approximately 10 mins.
5. Then add 200ml cold water and the frozen peas and replace the lid.
6. Cook for a further 15-20 mins until meat is tender.
7. Then check the seasoning and garnish with fresh coriander.
Kheema karai... Is great tucked in pitta bread pockets with salad leaves or enjoyed with our Pilau Rice. According to Herodotus, the highly valued Cassia Bark used to be guarded by winged serpents. A cook in a pinny just isn't as scary!