'It's all about the pleasure of cooking...'
There's honest pleasure in knowing the food we eat is tasty, wholesome and made with real ingredients. Spicentice is all about creating a home-cooked experience, to share with family and friends, with traditional recipes that have been perfected over generations.
The clever little (no waste) packs of 100% pure herbs and spices come with an easy to prepare recipe that serves four and a shopping list of the extra things needed to make your favourite dish.
Each Spicentice Lamb Madras Curry Kit contains Chilli Powder, Cumin Seeds, Ground Cumin, Ground Coriander, Garam Masala (Ground Cinnamon, Ground Black Pepper, Ground Cloves, Ground Cardamom), Paprika, Cassia Bark, Cardamom, Black Peppercorns.
No additives, no preservatives and no colouring.
650g Lamb or Beef
4 Onions (medium)
1' piece Ginger
3 Garlic Cloves
200ml Tomatoes (tinned)
Fresh Coriander (for garnish - optional)
1 tsp Lemon Juice
6 tbsp Cooking Oil
2 tsp Salt
1 tsp Sugar
1. Peel and finely chop the onions, garlic, ginger and coriander.
2. Cut the lamb into bite-size pieces and mix with the contents of the marinade Sachet, 1 tsp salt and half the garlic and ginger.
3. Leave to marinate for 30 mins or more.
4. Blend the tomatoes.
Cooking the curry
1. Heat the oil in a large saucepan over medium heat. Add contents of Sachet 1 and fry the seeds for a few seconds before adding the onions.
2. When the onion is nicely browned, add the garlic and ginger and after a few seconds add the lamb.
3. Stir well to coat the meat and cook with a lid on for 20 mins, stirring occasionally.
4. Now add the tomatoes, contents of Sachet 2, 1 tsp salt, 1 tsp sugar and 1 tsp lemon juice. Stir well.
5. After 2 mins, add 300ml boiling water and gently simmer for 40 mins until the meat is tender.
6. Once cooked, check the seasoning and serve with fresh coriander.
Lamb madras... is great for sharing or for when you fancy a curry classic. Enjoy with Pilau Rice, Naan Bread and Raita. Recommended background music: 'Feeling Hot Hot Hot'!)