'It's all about the pleasure of cooking...'
There's honest pleasure in knowing the food we eat is tasty, wholesome and made with real ingredients. Spicentice is all about creating a home-cooked experience, to share with family and friends, with traditional recipes that have been perfected over generations.
The clever little (no waste) packs of 100% pure herbs and spices come with an easy to prepare recipe that serves four and a shopping list of the extra things needed to make your favourite dish.
Each Spicentice Peri Peri Chicken Curry Kit contains Paprika, Garlic Powder, Onion Powder, Oregano, Ground Cumin, Chilli Flakes, Thyme, Chilli Powder.
No additives, no preservatives and no colouring.
Chicken - 4 breast fillets or 8 thigh fillets or 12 chicken wings
2 Garlic Cloves
Rind of ½ Lemon
5 tbsp Lemon Juice
2 tbsp Olive Oil
1 tsp Salt
1. Peel and finely chop the garlic and ginger and grate the rind of half a lemon.
2. Skin and wash the chicken and score each piece several times (if using breast fillets cut into strips), then place into a bowl and add the contents of both the marinade Sachet and Sachet 1.
3. Add the garlic, ginger, lemon rind, 1 tsp salt, 2tbsp olive oil and 5 tbsp of lemon juice.
4. Mix all the ingredients together ensuring all the chicken is evenly coated.
5. Leave to stand in a fridge for 30 mins.
Cooking the dish
1. Heat oven to gas mark 7 or 220 ºC before transferring chicken onto a roasting tray and placing in the oven.
2. Cook for approximately 15 mins, then turn chicken over and cook for a further 15 mins.
3. When chicken is cooked season to taste, add lemon wedges and serve with couscous and salad.
Tip: Try cooking on a barbeque for 30 mins, turning occasionally.
Peri-peri... is so good they named it twice! Try stuffing into Tortillas with chick pea salad and crunchy lettuce leaves. If you find yourself singing Fado you've taken the whole Portuguese thing way too far!